[RC] Congratulations, Wasch, Gabriella and Berrik - Daryle Smith

This is a little late, but, wanted to congratulate the Blakely family of
Terrebonne Or.  Congratulations that Wasch and Gabriella, were able to go and
ride the Tevis.  Wasch was unable to complete because of some complications
with his mare tying up, but Gabriella completed about 27th place, with no
preride or previous Tevis trail training, also it was her and her horse, Twin
Fir Victor's first 100.  Then a month later her young son completed his first
50 on the same horse, Twin Fir Victor that she had done the Tevis with.
Berrick completed 4th I believe and got 1st Junior  and Junior BC, also overall
high vet score.  He rode that ride at Headwaters of the Rouge (one of the most
difficult and technical mountain rides in the NW) with his Dad Wasch whom I
believe finished 3rd and got BC on his horse Marathon Man.  All this and Wasch
and Berrik and their horses were among the many at Headwaters of the Rouge that
had bee trouble.  Berrik was stung along with their horses.  Then they
came across my Stallion trying the pass everyone on the trail after an
encounter with the bees himself.  He had gotten away from me while I was trying
to reposition his saddle after the bees had done a # on us as well.  So Wasch
led my Stallion, whom, I had never tried to pony before back to camp for me.
In the mean time his horse Marathon threw a shoe, and while Wasch was keeping
his son's spirits up after the bee attack, holding my Stallion's lead rope with
his teeth and his horses reins with his foot, put on an easy boot before
contiueing on.  With all that He and his son still completed 3rd and 4th and
got Senior and Junior BC's.  Anyway I just wanted to express my thanks, for
their help and congratulations to their family on their many achievements in
endurance.  They are great atheletes themselves and are a wonderful family, who
truely make this a family fun time, and are still able to put their faith and
Godly worship first place in their lives.

         Lisa Smith

Black Saint Arabians and HIA Sud Addis