Re: [RC] Why get rid of Yellow Jackets or Hornets? - Barbara McCrary

They also eat fruit and meat...in other words, people food.  They get into our raspberry patch and suck all the juice out of the berries, leaving just husks.  I once inadvertently put a bite of meat into my mouth that had a Yellowjacket on it, and he stung my tongue.  It hurt badly and my tongue swelled some.  Not fun.
A horse I was riding once was stung when he stepped on a nest in the trail, and the horse launched me over his head, slammed me down on my back and broke two ribs.  I hate them...

Barbara
<<Why get rid of Yellow Jackets or Hornets?

If they are some where you "must" travel, I understand. Get rid of them. I've been stung and it hurts. If you can avoid the area they will do you some good. Both are predator insects. They feed on other insects. Mostly insect larva. If near your pasture they can cut down on other unwanted insects without the use of pesticides.

Everything has a purpose. Even the ugly buzzard has a purpose. They clean up the dead along the trail. I don't like it when they circle overhead. But that just means I should be riding faster.

Rob and Annabelle >>