Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:33 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Horse with attitude...

Got a question for all of you who are getting dumped by your horses....how in the world do you land without breaking anything?  I've been dumped by two red horses which resulted in first my left and recently my right wrist being shattered...ouch!

Both are healed and I am riding again.  We've decided no more red horses for me though...the first was a gelding getting my left wrist...the last one was a mare getting my right wrist...hey, at least I'm balanced out now, right? <g>

SO any advice on how to land better might be helpful...I did say "might"...only because most times I am pretty stiff and attempt to reach out and wham...broken wrist.  I am naturally a pretty stiff person when it comes to falling.  I am also in my mid-50s so there's a definite loss of flexibility to go along with it all.

I've found when I come off sideways that at least I haven't broken anything...yet.  But going over those left shoulders head first gets me every time.

Thanks,
Val