Re: [RC] [RC] Temple Grandin right brain/ left brain - Truman Prevatt

I'm not saying Parelli is right, wrong or indifferent. I'm not saying he is right brain or left brain. I'm left handed does that make me right brained?

Parelli is businessman. He is in business make money. He makes his money on clinics and selling a product. If that helps you deal with yourself or your horse better - that's great. That does not mean that what he is selling is right, wrong or indifferent nor does it mean it has any scientific merit.

Truman

Christy H wrote:
Parelli teaching of it is fairly complex. Imagine how hard it is to teach LB/RB behavior without overwhelming the audience.

The home study courses are like 18 hours worth of material. It takes a lot of dedication and time for people to truly study the Parelli stuff because it is very indepth.

The program was revamped in 2004 and is much more complex, and geared toward teaching the HUMAN, not the horse. It's like horsemanship for dummies in a lot of ways, they try to break it all down, not an easy task! I had so MANY misconceptions of Parelli until I studied it. They are always expanding on theories, finding better ways to teach things, showing us new examples of horses & behavior, problematic situations, etc. In level 2, Linda lets us see film of her almost getting bucked off so we can learn from her mistake.

--

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong” Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate in Physics