To: <donhuston@xxxxxxx>
Cc: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 10:27 AM
Subject: [RC] Temple Grandin right brain/ left brain

The footing looks like some type of wood chips. i have NO idea. Someone from a Parelli site put the link out there.

A famous CSU professor, Dr. Temple Grandin, talks about "a whole new Walmart" when autistic people go from one Walmart location to the other, even though the stores are set up identical, it's like being in a totally different store. She says Same thing happens with both sides of the horse brain, that's why you have to do on the right, what you do on the left. I was in the audience for one of her conferences. If you google Temple Grandin, she's got all kinds of research out there! Very interesting. She wrote a paper on mustang handling:

http://www.grandin.com/references/handling.mustangs.html

Cheers,
Christy

From: Don Huston <donhuston@xxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC]   right brain/ left brain and eyesight
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:21:41 -0700

Hello Christy,
Amazing article and thanks for the translation. I have always wondered why my horse generally spooks harder when encountering scary stuff on the left. I thought that maybe his right eye didn't work as well...duh. A question, I looked at the link and what is the footing in the ring? Wood chips or rocks or....?
Don Huston