[RC] Training in the triple digits... - Spottedracer

With many of us roasting in this southern oven, what recommendations do the experienced RM and/or DVMs have for us?

Currently, even if I work the horses at 7 pm - it's still 99 degrees plus humidity.. Those few mornings that I can train - it's in the 90's by 9 am..(have to wait until after 7 am to even start riding - after getting kids on the bus...)   I've had one horse get mild muscle cramps - 24 hours AFTER a short training ride. Since then, I've been going through a pound of table salt per week on my 5-horse endurance/lesson herd. Haven't had any muscle cramped horses since - but I'm not able to put as many training miles on them as I normally can. (due to heat..)

- LP