[RC] horse slaughter - sherman

And then there are the horses that are not loveable, or even likeable, that have wreaked havoc on each of their owners, bucking, biting, barn sour, kickers,  that have never had a long term home because no one wants to keep them after they are injured, or maybe the owners are in fear that their family may be injured by the horse. Who wants to lovingly care for (at a great expense) them into their twilight years, and then have them expensively euthanized and then pay the renderer to come pick them up ($250 where I live)?

Sometimes these horses are unwittingly bought at auction, sometimes thru want ads. Some of them are even drugged so their behavior is masked for a week or two. What do you want to do with these horses?

Kathy

Raven, I am talking about all of those horses out there that don't have owners that can afford to keep them in comfort until they die a natural death or are put down due to old age. Unfortunately, there are probably more animals living in substandard conditions than are in good/excellent conditions as ours are. There needs to be a way to put the unwanted/neglected animal down. There are not enough people out there to care for all of the neglect cases that have not gone to rescues. Also, there should be better options out there for the loving/caring horse owner than there are. As my girlfriend told me,  she wanted more options, wanted to be able to call the mobile butcher but couldn't. Beccy