[RC] Virginia City 100 - Dawn Simas

Since I only did 50 miles of Tevis and finished with a fresh horse (lost shoe, broken boot, overtime), I am considering the VC 100 next month.  I would like any input please on pros/cons to this ride?  I rode drag through the night in 1987.  I heard the trail has changed?  And it appears to be held on a night with *no moon*, how is the visibility in the desert for a person that has never been on the trail?

Thank you!
Dawn

Ms. Dawn Simas
Director - Wild About Cats
Wild Feline Conservation, Education, and Rescue