Re: [RC] easyboot help - Marlene Moss

Sarita,

With such nice round feet, you’d probably do just fine in the plain easyboot, without the gaiters.  Since you’ve already purchased the Bares, I’m sure someone like Karen or others will be able to help you find ways to make them work and answer your questions better.  I think you definitely need the size 1’s – you probably don’t want to be able to put your finger in the boot, otherwise it is too big.

I personally like the old style EasyBoots the best – not the new ones with the slit tongue, or any of the gaitered boots with the slit tongue.  With a round hoof and a little bit of heel, I have very little problems with the old boots coming off.  But I have lots of gaiters with missing boots!  And I’ve had no luck at all keeping any of the boots on once they’re missing the gaiter because of that new tongue style (at least that is my evaluation on what the problems is).

Aside from a round hoof and at least a little bit of heel, the other hoof shape that helps keep boots on is a conical shape – ie slanted side hoof walls, not real vertical.  We loaned a boot this past weekend to a guy on an AQHA ride and he kept losing it (finally permanently) while we had few problems in rocks and bogs, and that was the major difference.

Marlene

Marlene Moss

Saddle Fitting - www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com

Boarding/Training - www.LosPinos-CO.com