RE: [RC] Off topic - tell me about Oregon! - Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk

The Bandit Springs area get 4-5' of snow each year.  It is about 30 miles
from Prineville so obviously there is a great deal of altitude distance once
you are out of Prineville.  Prineville is high desert but you can get to
mountains quickly.  And in that area (north of Bend and cheaper than Bend),
if you get out of the high desert and into the mountains at all, there is NO
cell coverage nor high speed internet without satellite.  I spent almost two
weeks in the mountains there this summer and if I could live anywhere, I'd
probably have that area high on my list.  I'm not crazy about the high
desert but love the Ochocos.

Southern Oregon (say the Ashland/Medford area) is hot in the summer and does
get some snow.  Low humidity, tho.  Klamath Falls and a bit north of there,
get more snow and is cooler in the summer.  The Roseburg area is very
beautiful; gets little snow but a good deal of rain but we live about 45
minutes north of Roseburg and are able to ride pretty much year round and
land prices are still ok in comparison to central OR.

Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk
584 Romie Howard Rd.
Yoncalla OR 97499
541-849-2460
866-241-1531 (toll-free)
www.mfarm.org & www.wildeivey.com

I rode the second half of Bandit with a geat gal named Glenda, an ER doc
who
lives in Prineville.  They do get snow.  I think she said about a foot
last
winter.  Her husband grew up in Nebraska and  considered it an
unimpressive
snowfall by Nebraska standards.  That it a lot more snow than we ever get
here.

It is breathtakingly beautiful over there.  I think Bandit is the
prettiest
ride we do.  I asked Glenda if they ever get bored with the scenery and
she
said, "Never".

They get colder winter temperatures than we do, but summer temps are
similar.

Did I say it's gorgeous contry?

Nancy