[RC] Strangles Vaccine - Marjorie Carman

Since we are discussing the Strangles vaccine I will add my experience with it. I have three horses ,two ,the geldings have had the Strangles vaccine every year for the last 6 years starting with the nasal type which our old Vet gave then we changed to a different Vet’s and they give the injection type. Our geldings have never had a reaction. Then last year we found another horse and gave her the same vaccinations that the other two have and she reacted she was stiff and could not lower her head to eat very well kind of stumbled around for 3 or 4 days, scared the wits out of me we gave her banamine and it helped immediately. So this year in the spring when it came time for their shots we staggered hers to find out what it was for sure, all the others were okay except when it came time for the strangles she reacted again. The Vet said that if she reacted again we should leave that shot out so we will .

Marjorie Carman

LightinBugFarm