[RC] speaking of trail maintenance - Kearby, Kate G Civ 748 CBSG/IS

We had lots of washouts in our area with spring rains, we have been working hard to fix and reroute these areas, these are volunteer maintained trails used for pleasure riding, ctr and endurance.

So we clear brush, trim and cut trees, fill in the washes with trimmings to try to allow the area to repair. These washes have roots across that are dangerous to ride.   Mark the new routes around easy to see and with tons of trail color tape….  And people come along and drag all the trimmings out of the ‘wounded’ area and keep riding it????

Or we have a tree fall down, I call this natural erosion control, we leave the tree where it naturally fell and route around it.  Easy to ride trail trimmed…  and people come in and complain and say there’s a tree down on the trail???

Got any way to cure when people undo your repairs?  We try hard to be good stewards of the land.

Kate Kearby lcbrider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx