[RC] ellen zawada/Kigers in Endurance - jeanne pepper

Hi,i wanted to respond to your post but got side-tracked by the drama that is "Tevis".
So..back to kigers..only one has a long record & that's "Kiger Bridger" who's been competing in the west  region for over 10 yrs.There's a couple of mares from Arizona that have completed a number of AERC rides also.My own kiger did one 30 mile LD last year as a very green 5 yr old.You should know that not all horses being sold as Kigers are actually from that HMA but as far as I know they are all mustangs so have potential for being very tough & hardy.Your main concern should be body type & way of going,also if you want to Top Ten or just want to consistantly finish.One mustang that defys all logic is Robin Hood.Really a great competitor but you'd never guess it to look at him.The thing to remember is all horses are individuals & you never know till you get them out there competing how they're really gonna do.Good luck & feel free to e-mail me privately if you want to talk "kiger".I personally love mine.He's amazing but is very un-typey being 16 hds & 1200 lbs,p

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.