[RC] Cougar Rock video - Dawn Simas

Amigo and I are at 7:25 minutes into it (buckskin paint, western saddle).  He made it seem easy.  I sat on him like a park bench.  In looking at the video, many others' horses lunged up, they tackled it at the trot.  Some riders pull their horses with the reins to turn and oversteer, or pull back off balance when the horse lunges.  IMO, some of these brave horses made it over in spite of their riders.  :(

I agree with Ranelle, it's ideal to preride it so the horse knows the way without being preoccupied with the many riders trotting off around to the right.  And I would also advise going slowly and cautiously to remain balanced if/when they turn or refuse.

The horse after me is the 27 year old BTW.

Ms. Dawn Simas
Director - Wild About Cats
Wild Feline Conservation, Education, and Rescue