From: "Maryben Stover" <mbstover@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Tevis
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:17:14 -0700

I was asked to forward this to ridecamp.  Hopefully, this will end the
discussion....mb

Ride camp is one of the best forums for discussions in the endurance world and I find it to be an extremely valuable tool for communication, it can also be a forum to add fuel to rumors.

I am Hillorie Bachmann, owner of CV Eli and driver of the "said crew
vehicle". A traffic infraction did occur. A Tevis volunteer and I had a pure
miscommunication about when, where, and at what point I was able to proceed
to the crew area. Bottom line, I did not know the specific rules of Robinson
well enough to "think twice" and should have.... derogatory remarks, verbal
abuse, and pointed "planning" were not part of the equation.

I proceeded incorrectly and subsequently triggered a complaint by an
individual. In this instance no one was endangered at any point however, the
potential is there due to the dangerous nature of the area and fully
understand why the ruling was as such.

The Tevis Committee has a very difficult job! As we all know, tensions can
run high and perceptions wide. They handled this case very well and I am
fully in support of their decision, only very sorry that Jeremy and Eli were
penalized as a result.

As for the rest, a common thread unites all of us here. The love of the
horse, the sport, and the camaraderie on the trail and off...lets not lose
sight of that...

Hillorie Bachmann