Re: [RC] fly repellant - Patty P

I have been using skin so soft on horses for many years... I have rehabbed over 200 horses and never had a problem with skin so soft. It is just a after bath oil and has no insecticides. I have had LOTS of problems with insecticidal allergies on horses.  However, SSS doesn't work well on the really nasty horse flys...they just ignore it. I mainly use it around the eyes and head...the rest of the body gets the regular horse spray. Many horses get runny noses with fly spray around the face, that is why I tried SSS in the first place. So now I just oil up the eyes and ears and it works great for that area....I bring a small spray bottle and give a squirt over the ears while in the saddle every hour or so if it is bad out. I spray myself too when needed. Also, I am very allergic to perfumes...this does not bother me.

-------Original Message-------

Date: 7/23/2007 1:31:37 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] fly repellant

that sounds like a great idea!  i do ride with human bug spray, but i think i'll switch to wipes for my horse...that way i only have to worry about one bottle leaking.  and wipes take up less space.  but, then again, spraying a horse from its back sounds much easier that wiping...just get a small bottle from your local drug store and fill it up.  as far as skin so soft on horses?...a lot of sprays that are formulated for humans shouldn't be used on other types of mammals and visa versa.  about the wipes...YOU ARE A GENIUS!
ericka