[RC] fly repellant - sherman

There is at least 10-15 miles of trail during Tevis where there are horse eating flies that leave big bloody spots on the horses. I’m planning on reapplying insect repellant a few times on this section of trail. Does anyone have experience with the Skin so Soft bath oil from Avon? A neighbor gave some to us the other day when we located her lost dog. I was tentatively planning on carrying a heavy duty ziplock bag with a heavily soaked handiwipe or similar cloth to use when these big attack flies start following us down the trail. Is the Skin So Soft safe to use frequently, or should I stick with Wipe?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Kathy