Re: [RC] PS BH - Jody Rogers-Buttram

This is so true.  Nothing is better than a true, tried, traditional 100 mile ride.
Joni and I hope to go next year to the Big Horn...and just maybe we can come
back with a buckle to show for it.  If not, we will at least have gotten an incredible
road trip and ridden over some beautiful mountains that are nothing like what we
are use to seeing here in the SE.

Jody

PS.  Somebody find Angie a horse for it   !!!!!!  (If Gunner can't come)

Annie <annie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Big Horn ride is a great challenge. The mountains up there are some of the most beautiful on earth. The history of that area from the first fir trappers on, is very interesting, and when you are up there on that mountain you can almost feel what it must have been like back then. These great old 100 miles rides are falling by the wayside in favor of the bigger comercialized big 100's, and the more bang for your buck multiday rides, which in their own right are wonderful, but the Big Horn remains one of the original icons of our sport. The ever faithful BH management have work very hard this past couple years to overcome what seemes like unsurmountable problems to save this great old ride, they have very little help, but none the they less have done so. Rides that live along time often must rethink, reorganize, and re group. But the Big Horn is alive and well, and will live on to ride another day. I  think the fur trappers whos bones must lay beneath that mountain must smile as they see the bright pink tights and helments fly by.  www.bighorn100.com                                      Annie George   #6273

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?