[RC] Horse slaughter(I hate the term) revisited - Rebecca Fabiszak

In my opinion, we need houses-of-humane-treatment-in-putting-horses-down, in every state. The problem with not having places to humanely euthanize of these aged, crippled, or uncared for animals is that there is going to be a glut of horses that are going to be starved to death because the owners don't having the money or can't deal with the reality of having to have them humanely euthenised. If every state had a plant that would humanely put these animals down, then use the body as food for zoo animals and such, we would be in a much better place. There is no way that we can take care of all of the horses that have been bred and now do not have a use. We need to be responsible and humane. Hauling them 2000 miles to a death plant was not the answer. Every state needs to be able to deal with the animals that can not be cared for anymore. Beccy in Utah (who may have to deal soon with making the choice of putting down her own daughter's 4-H pony)

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.