From: "geckogal85@xxxxxxxxx" <geckogal85@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Barbara McCrary <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC]   Feed question
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 13:30:21 -0700 (PDT)

In the wild horses find what they need. In captivity they eat what we give them. They have no choice but to eat what we give. And usually it is not nutritionally complete. Like in Utah and Nevada. The hay has key nutrition that it is missing. Simple as that. I am not going to post any more on this subject. obviously you are stuck in your ways.So there is no point to continue in this discussion if it will not evolve.

Barbara McCrary <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: What do horses eat when there are no people in their lives? What have horses eaten for eons? Grass...or dried grass, same as hay. Please explain why grass or hay is not a balanced diet in a horse's life.