Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 12:57 PM
Subject: [RC] Ham Radios - OT?

Hi,
I am wondering if any of you use ham radios either for managing rides or personally for emergencies or in remote areas.  I am just wondering if learning & using ham radio would be a useful investment for communication at rides.  I'm pretty sure most people use cell phones or walkie talkies, but just thought I'd check.
Thanks,
Jeanie