Re: [RC] Suber pad/ANY body ever see/use one of these? - Beth Walker

I haven't tried them, just looked online at a couple of posts -- so this is a totally unqualified opinion. ?:)

Most of the posts I saw concerned treeless saddles. ?Most of the posts were favorable, that I saw. ?One post said that they tried it with a Wintec, and didn't like it as it put them too far away from the horse (dressage riding). ?Another post said that they come in two different thicknesses now, to correct that issue.

My gut reaction is that they might work well for saddles which have small 'pockets' which need to be filled in order to even out the saddle fit. ?If your saddle is too narrow, however, any padding will just make the problem worse. ? Same if the pad is too thick for your horse / saddle combination -- it might make a passable-fit into a too-tight fit, or cause the saddle to roll from side to side.

At the extreme, I can see all the cork granules moving from under the saddle to the outside of the pad, so that all you have under the horse is the two thicknesses of cloth. ?That wouldn't do much good -- it wouldn't even keep sweat off the saddle.

It is an interesting concept, though, and I'd be interested in trying it. ?The site didn't say what the price was though....
?