To: <tracetribute@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:40 PM
Subject: [RC] How tree hugging hurts the environment/trying to keep endurance focus

I have had a major problem with people who call themselves
"environmentalists" but very seldom set foot off concrete and fall for
word games like "Wilderness" designation; They cause a heck of a lot of
trouble for those of us who actually use and care about the outdoors.  I
used to call myself an environmentalist, and in the true sense of the
word...wanting to take care of the environment in the way I think is
best...I still am. But I do not use that word any more because it's been
taken over by many who have what I think is a dillusional concept of what
that stewardship entails.