Re: [RC] How tree hugging hurts the environment - Barbara McCrary

How far back in the history of the earth would you like to go to see how "man" has altered the earth?  How many tens of thousands or millions of years?  Man has been around a long time.  Even when man lived in caves, he was altering the earth for his needs.

Barbara

----- Original Message -----
From: Angie Fura
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] How tree hugging hurts the environment

My viewpoint is a little different - I guess that's no surprise by now.  I think it stems from how I define "environment."  In my opinion, its the natural state of the planet.  Its not human centric where man has dominion over the earth and animals.  I view humankind's industrialization and development of the planet as not natural and therefore a burden to the planet.  Without humans to alter the environment, cows would not be pastured and overgrowth would burn naturally on a regular basis (germinating seeds and creating rich soil etc).  Yes, nature always finds a way but I don't beleive that it should in some cases.