Re: [RC] How tree hugging hurts the environment - Mary Ann Spencer

Back in about 97, there was drought in the wet green part of E TX.  A fire started in the wilderness area and NO fire trucks were allowed to go in as NO motorized vehicles were allowed.  The fire got close to some homes but due to 'the rules'..... nothing could be done.  Seems there are some problems with:  groups cutting off their noses to spite their faces.... with no thinking about the full ramifications and intentions of those rules.   Where the H*ll is the common sense in all of this???  IHMO

The smoke from the fire that could not be fought covered roads making visibility difficult.  Over the years, the meanings of 'the environment and progress has changed as has our technological developments.  So who wants to go without electricity, phones, cell phones, personal computers, the internet, TV, newly developed techology that saves lives.... ???? to name a few of the things developed over the past 30 yrs.

IMHO, all the crap that is put on all those suburban lawns is one of the biggest polluters of our environment and the horses etc should not eat it as it is posionous... hhmmm and the washes off to our 'uh' water??  How much does one really need of that stuff??? then there is polluting lawn mowers to cut the polluting grass???  When people could be putting that land to use to make their own fresh vegetables that would not be contaminated with the nasty type e coli.....

It is all intertwined........ There is MUCH more that can be done but it takes an effort.  Recycle stuff.  Make productive gardens and not just a big old green polluted piece of grass.  Conservation begins in each of our own lives.  Cleaners also pollute.. there are LOTS of nonpolluting cleaners.  Take a look at the warnings on some of the horse fly repellants.. oh, oh, don't use with your bare hand....... duh so we are going to spray that on our horses and then touch our horses????

Several yrs ago, my kids were mad cuz we had no milk to drink with the home made chocolate cake... Well we are 20 miles from the store... we don't go to town for one gallon of milk.  Plan ahead better and think ahead and anticipate what you will need and how much.

Preplanning Prevents Piss Poor Perfermance.......IMHO  There is much  yet to do and learn.  No need to throw the baby out with wash water but look at all the aspects and do your part.