[RC] saddle for a mule - Rob Losey

"Mules really should have a saddle with a mule tree. Matt"

I have to respectfully disagree. A mule needs a saddle that fits. There are as many different shaped mules as there are different shaped horses. One mule tree can't do that job. But that's what some mule saddle makers would have you think. It's more clever marketing than science. Try all the saddles you can find. Find a custom saddle maker who makes his or her own trees to fit your mule. A treeless saddle may fit better than a saddle with the wrong tree, but not much better.

I use a custom Desoto on my mule. It ended up being cheaper than the combined cost of the ten saddles I bought first the didn't work.

Rob and Annabelle