RE: [RC] Beware - overinflated corn prices! - Kristen A Fisher

Brazil has been running on ethanol for over 30 years, and their pump prices are half what ours are.

They derive their ethanol from sugar cane, not corn, which is a much more efficient growing and refining process. Ethanol also provides a lower mpg than regular gas.

BTW, I am not a fan of feeding to corn anything really - dogs, humans, or horses.

From: heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 10:26 AM
To: Kristen A Fisher
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] Beware - overinflated corn prices!

Is it just me?  At $2 per bag more, a person would have to buy a bag a week to get over $100 per year (something I have a hard time imagining, unless one has chickens or something).  Personally, I'd like to see the bulk of field corn get made into ethanol to go in our vehicles.  Brazil has been running on ethanol for over 30 years, and their pump prices are half what ours are.  At that rate, I would save $100 every 3 weeks or so.  Additionally, the thing that makes beef unhealthy is the last two months in the feedlot eating corn and other high-carb food--cattle, like horses, are meant to be forage consumers and their health suffers on high-carb diets.

Yep, I'd GLADLY pay more for what little corn I use and have ethanol for my gas tank and healthier beef at the supermarket!

Heidi