[RC] Vice breaker collar - so sad - Sheila_Larsen

NOT, before being overly concerned (or sad)  about  the use of any training
tool, be aware of the facts:  they have a much less shock than an electric
fence (and certainly far less than a dog collar which is not appropriate
for horses) , they are not any more a punishment  than a horse kicking
another horse and probably less because the chance of a serious injury
isn't there.    Every natural horse trainer I have talk to about solving my
horse's problem, including a 5 star Parelli instructor, has said:  "I don't
know how to solve your problem and I have discussed this type of problem
before with Pat and he  doesn't know either.  "    I would suggest watching
their video before  saying ... so sad..... and think of the alternatives to
some behaviors (death, injury etc).  Sometimes it doesn't matter what
causes the problem, for example, another horse savaging another horse, it
just needs to be fixed.  FYI that is not my problem...   Many people think
that the "natural halters" are mean because they put pressure on sensitive
points and would never use them.  I on the other hand wouldn't be without
them because the can be uncomfortable.  Remember we are talking
uncomfortable, not a great amount of  pain, with shock collars and halters.

Thanks,
Sheila

The wind flew.  God told to wind to condense itself and out of the flurry
came the horse.  But with the spark of spirit the horse flew by the wind
itself.
   - Marguerite Henry's King of the Wind