[RC] Saddle Fit - sherman

I know you said to be private, but I only get the digest…

Have you considered that the saddle, without a rider, might move around or flop a bit more than when a rider’s weight is in it? I know my saddle on my horse moves more forward when I lunge the horse, and the rear lifts a bit, and she’ll buck. My weight keeps that from happening when I’m in the saddle.

Just a thought,

Kathy

My horse is so difficult! I have loved all the helpful suggestions you guys have given with saddles though!
I put the saddle on my horse....he is fine.....I get on he is fine.....we ride a bit.
Even though the saddle does not appear to fit he is fine when I am close to him. (maybe as to not hurt me?) I try to lunge him with the saddle on and he starts bucking and running then stops and walks towards me. I get on him and he is fine. Then I take the saddle off of him and lunge him. he lunges perfect without it. I thought maybe he didn't like the saddle on while I lunge him. I put on a heavy duty bareback pad then I also tried a surcingle and he was fine lunging with those. I have narrowed this all down to saddle fit issues. Do you agree? Please email me privately so as not to annoy ridecamp any further with my issues.

Geckogal85

GIF image