Date: 6/23/2007 8:37:51 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] 'Grand Prix' style finish is not endurance

In a message dated 6/23/2007 8:31:00 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, donhuston@xxxxxxx writes:
Grand Prix is not endurance nor is a Grand Prix style finish an
interesting concept. That type of finish automatically eliminates
this flat track style horse race from being an endurance race. The
only thing about this horse race that in any way resembled endurance
as I have experienced it was the distance and the idiotic grand prick
finish got rid of that. Riders 14-20 did not earn a final time at
Gate 5, they got pulled.
Don Huston
uh - yeah, Don, I thought "to finish is to win", but if they do not allow the opportunity to finish...it must be some other creature because it certainly isn't endurance. What the heck is going on with these orgs and peeps??? Can't they just enjoy the sport without getting into the Frankenstein concepts? Shoot, even track racing doesn't have a cut off time - not that I know of anyway, short of when the stands are being swept perhaps. This type of event doesn't interest us at all but what DOES interest me is why - or if - this kind of event is interesting to the rank and file endurance riders. Just all very weird.

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com

See what's free at AOL.com.