[RC] Maybe Murphy's starting to consider moving out? - Spottedracer

A few tadbits of good luck have finally come my way!  The Transmission issue with my Dodge - turned out to be a sensor! Came out of that one sittin' pretty!!

Still don't have any Federal/State grants/scholarships/loans - But the Chem Dep Head says I'm only one-or-two that even meet the qualifications for two $6K scholarships for Chem majors w/teacher certification... Thankgod for the Double major!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed on getting that!  There's no other scholarships/grants even offered to 'return students'.. Guess no one thinks that middle-aged, middle-middle-class, mothers - need financial assistance for college?   I've also been very surprised at all the Dep heads & prof. that have lined up in support of me.. I've been offered (and taken) several work-study research jobs with a couple of departments.. Funding's tight at the public universities this time of year - but everyone's coming outt've the woodwork with any extra funds!  I've also secured some other 'private funding' sources...

Murphy hasn't totally moved out yet... That bad fall I had a few weeks ago - is still affecting me.. The whiplash (which I basically 'blew off' and just had the Doc call in some mild meds, without seeing him).. Has progressively gotten WORSE. So I finally broke down and went in on Monday.. Doc was rather impressed with the 2+ week old large, healing, hemotoma across my butt.. Gave me some stronger meds. He's cleared me for the regular training riding I've still been doing - but WON'T clear me to compete at this time.. Just feels that the added weight of the helmet for those hours wouldn't be good for the neck strain. Plus, the cantering for hours would aggravate as well.... So I'm just taking my daughter and my 'challenged' student (+ parents) who's going to do a ride-n-tie at BSF with her triathlete Dad - to LBL for a morning 'slow gait' trail ride and overnight camping this Friday..

Did talk with RM Brenda at Derby Dash about the fact I've had to cancel the Birthday party + fist LD for my daughter this weekend.. What a WONDERFUL lady!! Hope she can get offf work for BSF.. Would LOVE to meet her!

- LP