[RC] Delicate Subject, But... - Tx Trigger

They can't inject the animal and then use the meat to feed the wildlife, that is why they shoot them. The only other question I'd ask any of these sanctuaries is, WHEN will they be doing it. Some take the horses, and then feed them, and keep them until meat is needed, but the horses are living near the big cats etc., and hear them, smell them and such. We actually adopted a horse out of The Wildlife Waystation in So. CA. They had a small herd, from all the donations, and they kept them up in a small field. This horse had nothing wrong physically, just was too much horse for the woman who donated him. After we had the horse a few months, we found ourselves riding near the Waystation, and when he heard the animals start roaring etc. (it was feeding time) he got VERY nervous. I'd ask if I could keep the horse at my place until they needed the meat, so they could put it down right away upon arrival, and if I could not be there, ask a friend to over-see the task.

It is a very good way to have your horse go back into the food chain.

Jonni