Re: [RC] [RC] May 2007 Veterinary newsletter - Truman Prevatt

All of this nonsense started when the AERC started listing all the riders that entered the ride rather than just the riders that finished. It is not the pull codes that is the issue what a lot of people it is listing their names as entered if they didn't finish. It is independent of what you have beside their name be it: L, M, DNF, DQ or Micky Mouse.

The entries to a ride should be public knowledge. The bottom line the AERC BOD could vote tomorrow to eliminate pull codes in the EN and online results and list all riders and this argument would not go away. The argument gets down if you don't finish you should not be listed in the results. Just go back and look at the arguments when this was first debated.

Not listing the entire starting field is not acceptable. How you list those that got pulled for what ever reason is not the issue - it is listing those that did not finish that is the underlying issue.

Truman