Date: 6/19/2007 11:01:42 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] big butts on endurance horses

It seems to be the halter classes that have been the detriment of the horse for many breeds.

You have to look for non-halter bloodlines in QHs to find ones with normal butts :)  They are probably always going to look more muscular compared to an Arab but there is average muscle and then there is halter horses, a whole "breed" apart so to speak. There are still some good working horses out there that can work all day, you just have to go towards the ones bred for performance like cutting or working ranch, even racing.

Lysane

ie <rdcarrie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Oops, accidentally clicked send before typing my message...

I have no doubt that those deformed creatures on that webpage could hold a roped steer...I don't think the steer has been born that could budge one of those towering mounds of flesh!  The sheer weight alone would be enough to stop a steer.  <G>

Those QHs are grotesque...they look like beef bulls with little horse heads tacked on...and with tiny little feet and short upright pasterns.  They are every bit as deformed from the original working QH as today's showring Arab is deformed from the original working Arab...just in a different way.  And they are just about as worthless as the average showring Arab in terms of working ability.  The QH people have gone for huge bulky bodies, tiny feet, downhill builds, etc.  The Arab people have gone for freaky deformed heads, scrawny bodies, thin bones, and flat croups.  Neither is attractive, nor useful as a serious working horse.

Dawn in East Texas