Re: [RC] big butts on endurance horses - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Well, I didn't grow up with lots of QH's, my sister had one that she took to local shows when we were kids.  But, Joel, my hubby, raised the foundation bred QHs for many years.  They are totally different from these monster in the ads.  They are really about two steps away from being a mustang.  Small, but stout.  They absolutely can work all day.  We have one left now, she is 30 years old, Easter Bee Revenue for those that know the old bloodlines.  She is still a good ole girl, fat and slick.  Joni learned to post the trot on Easter.   Nice horses, but I think there are only a few breeders that keep that line alive now because of pressure to produce the "pretty ones".

Jody