[RC] American River crossing at Poverty Bar (Tevis trail) - sherman

Thanks for the info, Steve. That would certainly explain the different opinions, even on the same day, about the amount of flow at Poverty Bar. I suspected that changing water flow for the rafters was somehow involved, but I hadn’t quite figured it out. I will check with PCWA.

Kathy

Hi Folks;

Not to disagree with anyone's observations.

A call to the Placer County Water Agency or check their website.

The hydro department may be the people to call first.

This should provide information for a safe way as you may not be able to make a low water crosssing if it is warm in Sacramento, as the releases into the American River are controlled to make hydro-electricity.

These river flows are normally controlled for the Western States Run and the Western States Ride through agreements with PCWA.

p/s

 Hightide is normally btw 12:00 and 3:00 PM for the rafters and the hydro this is the time that the discharges normally reach Poverty Bar.

hth

Steven