From: Shannon Weil <sweil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Ridecamp Digest <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 10:03:05 PM
Subject: [RC] American River crossing at Poverty Bar (Tevis trail)

Regarding
From: "sherman" <sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Has anyone done the river crossing yet this year? The river looks very,
very low to me at the Confluence so I was wondering if now would be a
good time to ride from Foresthill to Auburn.

I rode to the Poverty Bar river crossing about 2 weeks ago, however, I did not cross it. It looked very tame to me.
The Western States 100 Mile Run that takes place this Saturday the 23rd is planning on a rope only crossing up stream at Rucka Chucky for the runners which means the river is low and safe enough to cross with out rafts.  I would expect Poverty Bar is nearing a safe level for crossing soon if not now.
Shannon Weil