Re: [RC] [RC] Cost of hay - SandyDSA

NO problem with alternative fuel - but calling a spade a cat is insulting. When we go to the pump here in Cal, it costs us MORE for any and every kind of fuel, and since every single fuel they offer here has to be Cal's own "proprietary blend", it is not more efficient or cheaper or cleaner by the time California gets finished with it. Most people now in our state are thinking twice before they hook up to go to a ride, because the cost of fuel - with ethanol now - is so high. We are just a few miles from oil fields, refineries, etc - and we pay almost the highest price in the nation. So...anyone want to just hunker down and believe that this ethanol is good for us just because the gov says so? Not me. Wind power - now THAT's GREAT - just haven't figured out how to install it on my hauling vehicle yet.

As for unused crops. we must have idiots in charge then, because we have a major hay SHORTAGE and if corn or anything else is sitting and rotting on the elevator floors, them this subsidy program for growing certain crops - OR NOT - has to stop. I don't know about you guys, but I cannot feed my horses a diet of corn, corn and corn. I could be wrong but I don't think cattle eat it as their first choice diet either - so why do we have a surplus of corn and not enough hay. Anyone??:)

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com

See what's free at AOL.com.