Re: [RC] [RC] Cost of hay - Barbara McCrary

This is something we have thought, too.  Ethanol is supposed to take the place of oil-based gasoline, but just THINK of the energy it takes to produce ethanol.  We quite desperately need to find, invent, or whatever, a source of energy to run our vehicles...from tractors (to produce the hay) to trucks (to haul it) to pickups (to take us to endurance rides.)  This is a useless post, as we all know we have a problem.  How to solve it is something else.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 6:05 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Cost of hay

I didn't think so either - but saw a doc on one of the evening shows just a couple of months ago abouth this subject. It appears no crop is safe, and hay is also being supplanted by corn...all so we can also pay MORE for this iodtic notion of gasoline...anyone want to fnind out the energy required to MAKE the ethanol?

See what's free at AOL.com.