[RC] John Crandall's Conditioning DVD - rides2far

Hey Guys,

I've getting hit with lots of questions on how to get this DVD so let me
post the answer to all to save time.

This Spring when Stagg hosted the APEX clinic, John Crandall gave a very
good lecture, with slides, on conditioning. When I read about plans for
the clinic I asked them if they had anyone to video it and offered to do
so. The video is amateur, but definitely functional. With a little more
planning there are a few things we could have done like get rid of bright
doorways that interfered with the camera's ability to adjust to lighting,
etc. but the info is preserved on tape and that's worth a lot. I told
them it would be after school  was out before I had them on DVD. They
have not seen them yet and really had no plan in advance to have them or
what to do with them. I do not own the material and will not be sharing
any copies but will be turning them over to the APEX folks. Once they see
them, they can decide what to do with them...it's a work in progress.

John was a good speaker and his presentation covered material that I
really haven't read in other sources. He talked about "cycles" of
conditioning and knowing how long it took for different parts (bone,
tendon, etc) to train, and how the different lengths overlapped creating
an arc that showed a optimal time for different amounts of conditioining
(or something like that). I will say he said he wished he'd spent more
time on equitation and that's something he's working on now. He's a
minimalist. You won't find the "magic bullet" additive,  or supplement.
Very basic equipment. Just very intelligent horsemanship and good horses
was the impression I got.  They raise all their own hay, breed their own
horses, or seem to get them from well planned programs. Nothing seems to
just happen by accident.

I'll hurry up and get at least John's DVD to the APEX people, then they
can decide what to do with it.

Angie