Re: [RC] [CanEndure] Chrystal's Horse :now how to get a horse tojump out of amoving trailer - Chrystal Woodhouse

You open the 2 1/2 ft by 2 1/2 ft trailer window that is on top of the ramp door and middle door no gates or anything on the window as it has to be an old gooseneck trailer ,however the window is about 51/2 ft above the floor and small, & you do it because it is hot and your horse has trailered like that a lot , you then leave horse's buddy in another trailer at Denny's and get on a hwy about a minute later you say to your husband stop at that toll bridge in a mile as Miss T is freaking out leaving her buddy behind, we should close that window, you then  glance in the rearview mirror and wonder what is that behind you rolling down the hwy and realize that it is the colour of your horse and YOUR HORSE IS ROLLING DOWN THE MOUNTAIN ON THE HWY BEHIND YOU OUTSIDE OF THE TRAILER!!!!!!!!!  My husband stopped in about a second and I went running back up the mtn around the corner screaming as I was sure no horse could fall out of a trailer onto a hwy and live, you watch an awesome tractor trailer driver miss her by about a foot  and horse comes running to you pretty beat up and scared.
I suggest if you try this you have about 10 minutes behind you Tom and Lesley Palensky(sp?) , Mark and Virginia Phillips and Deanna Ramsay  all long distance riders from Ontario because while you are screaming in shock and horror holding onto your best friend's halter thinking that she has broken every bone in her body and is only standing because of Adrenalin and is about to crumple and die in your arms they will come running up to you with stethoscopes, blankets, cell phones and take over, you would actually think they do this every day , I have never seen 5 people work so fast and do all the right things without a moments hesitation ( you should also have a husband on the cellphone  with a state trooper frantically looking for a vet)
If you decide to try this at home I suggest you call for more details .
The trailer was still shut up: she jumped out of the window onto the hwy to get back to Magic ( her buddy)at Denny's. The vet figures she jumped out buckled over onto her fetlocks went down on her right side ( major road burns and mane and tail have been burned off on that side) and started rolling down the hwy.
If you are going to try this out I will warn you there are nasty side effects: you the owner are going to be traumatized for the rest of your life , you will not eat or sleep for at least 24 hrs ( once i can do that I will let you know how long that lasts ) because  every time you close your eyes or stop to think you just see your horse rolling down the hwy behind you.
We got home at 5:30 a.m. Miss T has nasty road burn, sore body and hopefully nothing else, we are watching her closely for internal injuries

You read all the time about how amazing long distance riders are, THANK_YOU Tom.Lesley,Deanna,Mark,Virginia and Rob ( my hubby) THANK-YOU Julie in Ont. for looking for help, Art King for helping over the cellphone at the accident site and meeting us at the border at 1:30 a.m. to check on us.THANK-YOU to all the people on RC who were offering help and phoning for vets.
Thank-you Miss T who is not only tough enough to do 90 miles at the OD for our first attempt at a hundred but for being an ornery,tough Morgan who just refuses to quit on me even after jumping out of a trailer onto a hwy.
Yesterday was the luckiest day of my life, there are so many "what if's" if the sequence of events had been of by 10 seconds it would have been a very different and terrible day.
 So see you next June at the OD, WITH my trailer closed and locked down.:-)
Chrystal