From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Amber Roberts
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 10:05 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] OT, vet question/heartworm meds

I'm having questions about shots and heartworm meds for dogs and my husband suggested I write here to see if any of the vets would have an impartial opinion.  Since the kibble dog food poisoning issue, I started feeding my dogs raw food April 1st.  Since then, their dirty brown 5 yr. old teeth are now puppy white and their coats are shiny.  They LOVE their meals now and are doing extremely well.  However, I've been reading that dogs fed like this get and remain very healthy and do not need distemper, rabies shots or heartworm meds.  As I'm about to give the HW again on the 15th, I'm curious as to whether I need to continue giving this poison to them every month.  We live in hot Texas.  Any opinions here?

Amber