Re: [RC] Cavallo, Renegade, Marquis Boots - Don Huston

Hello Donna,
I tried the Marquis Boots on 2 of my horses and they did not work for us. I did try to start out slow using low pressure but with the slightest spook or shy a boot would fly off so I would put that one on with more air pressure, then the next until they finally stayed on at a poke-and-plod-school-trot but that was still too much pressure on the bulbs. Within 5-6 rides the pressure bruised the bulbs and it took over a month for them to not be sore. A funny story....during the second test ride we were trotting along and he shied at something and the RF boot flipped straight up in the air right along side my leg. He spooked hard at the flying boot and I spun him around to see where that boot was going only to see the other 3 spinning and rolling everywhere and a very worried horse that I'm sure was thinking "what the hell is all that stuff flying around?" =-O I found all 4 and we continued on. I never felt the least bit confident that the boots would stay on and was continually checking his feet every time we rode those boots. We never got to the extended trot or canter. Just my experience,
Don Huston