[RC] Old Dominon 3rd installment - rides2far@xxxxxxxx

Flora Hillman just came back to camp with more photos of 30?s on the
trail and some info. There one just one pull at the first check and
it was Rider Option. The thermometer that was mounted in the sun said
105. It was 84 in the shade, 67% humidity.

Jody?s here. There?s a photo I sent in that so says it all. >g<  She
had a rough trip up. Was supposed to stop over at a friend?s farm but
didn?t have very accurate directions there and since the friend
doesn?t live there had nobody to call. They expected to pull in at
11:30 but ended up driving around the neighborhood and pulling into
long driveways (the wrong ones) at 1 AM and turning a big rig around
in people?s front yard. I think if somebody had threatened to shoot
Jody, Joel would have offered to help them. Finally they woke some
people up and the guy actually knew where they were supposed to be
and got in his car and led them there. Then a friendly rooster woke
them up 2 hours later to come on up. Sort of justifies that beer
she?s working hard on at 10:30 AM. >eg<

She had Karen Zelinsky over first thing to massage the horses. They
did Aries first and Jody claims ?Dummy looks smarter?. I?ve heard
lots of claims but making your horse smarter is not one of them. If
it makes Jody happy I?ll go along with it. She did take several
drinks during the session (Aries, not Jody?well Jody too but she
always drinks well), which is apparently not like her, so maybe she
did get smarter. The long trip took its toll. Hope they rest well
today. Now she?s doing Rose. Rose has the typical Paint pink nose
with wrinkled lips?a vet from Biltmore held her card at one check
claiming that he didn?t like the ?worried wrinkles? around her mouth.
Now Jody?s sure the massage is helping the wrinkles. If THAT works
I?ll let her work on me next. I?m hanging around to see her work on
Cash the Demon Pony. I want to see how quick Karen is on her feet.

Later
Angie