Re: [RC] OD Cavalry division - Hoovinit

Sounds like they're trying to replicate how it was for the horse troops in the cavalry. My stepfather was in one of the last calvary troops before the start of WWII and from what I remember him telling me, they had to carry everything they needed with them on their horses.  It was only the "bare necessities", and he said when they were ready to camp for the night, after riding for the greater part of the day, they were required to groom and rub down their horse plus clean their tack, before they could eat or rest. Those horses were mostly Morgans and Morgan crosses. The US Government Morgan farm would "test" all the stallions in a 300 mile (over several days) competition before they would use them for breeding, back in the old days.

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.