[RC] How Did You Find Your Soul [Endurance] Horse ? - Nikki McCormack

Piping in late as usual, but I was at a ride this weekend, so that seems like a great excuse to be behind on posts.  :)

My current endurance horse was a rescue.  My father picked him up in a moment of pity, then did not know what to do with him, so he gave him to me.  Seems to have been fate.  He is an Arabian, and he has his little flaws (like a trot that can knock your teeth out), but I would not trade him for the world and we are having a blast trying out endurance together.

My husbands horse we did shop for, but I was looking at Arabians and Arabian crosses.  Just happened to look at this Spanish Mustang because he was near one of the Arabians we were looking at and he intrigued me.  It was his long, strong legs, long smooth gaits, and that deep interest he had in interacting with us that won me over.  He can eat up ground with remarkable ease.  He may be a bit bigger than ideal, which does slow his recovery some, but he is doing great so far.  He usually gets better vet scores than my Arabian.

Nikki (and the boys)
AERC M33800 / PNER 3782 / NSS 44146