RE: [RC] Marathon training - Dolores Arste

Interestingly, this is how I got my stallion to his 100's.

I had never done anything as a human athlete before
embarking on my personal challenge with my wonderful
horse.

My husband is an Ultra-marathoner. He kept
telling me to "do the time, not the speed" and
"oatmeal is better than no meal" and
"Give the body lots of time to heal"

The first time I rode 38 miles I cried that I
would never be able to do 100.

I still haven't done a 1 day 100 but I have
done the 3 day CTR 100's

Its coming though and likely on an Arab not
my beloved Morgans - sigh.

PS: It was this stallion's son that took us on a
new adventure into the world of
mental training.

Dolores Arste
(518) 882 6485