RE: [RC] Response from one of the "rude" riders - Susan

Shannon,

Alyx was at Jo Tate and her response was in address to that ride only.  I don't know if anyone was rude to RM et al at Jo Tate; Alyx and her friend were rude to riders.  She's trying to get everyone to believe she can do a 17-mile very technical loop in under an hour.  She can because she's skinny and a vegetarian...at least according to her post.  I guess beer is a vegetable drink now?  I also must have been totally blinded when I saw her trot out her horse with her belly flapping all over the place!  Fat must be the new skinny.

Alyx was also the one giving Susan K grief and yelling "I'm going to protest!" for canceling Sunflower.  Alyx was the one that yelled, "I'm going to protest!" at Eagle Ranch.  Alyx is the one that ran me into a barbed wire fence and ran a Jr rider over at Bell Cow.  It was Alyx and her friend that verbally abused the vet and threatened to protest at Bell Cow.  I'll let the TX riders respond about those rides where she's been a total jerk.  They've told me the stories but it's their story to tell.

Alyx sent me 2 messages thinking they were going to the CT Region list.  The posts were criticizing Susan for canceling Sunflower as it was a totally doable trail!  Those posts never made it to a public forum because we'd heard enough in camp (especially Dan and Susan Keil).

AERC currently doesn't protect the riders from rude riders either.  However, the examples I've stated are rules violations as well.  Her unsportsmanlike conduct is also dangerous and abusive to RM and vets.  The RM or rides stand up to her so she'll back off at that ride.  But, she doesn't change and acts just as bad at the next ride.  At what point can we say, "Enough!!!!"

The RM in this area don't want to put up with her.  If we breath funny she'll yell at us and threaten to protest.  If this was a one-time deal, I wouldn't mind.  But, it's just about at every ride she's at.  How many of you RM have the nerves to put up with a rider who habitually threatens to protest over NOTHING on top of worrying if you'll break even, if the vets will show, if you're prepared, if the vets have enough stuff to treat horses if necessary, if your trail markings are still up, if the trail is marked good enough for the riders that don't pay attention, if you have enough food, if you have enough volunteers, etc?  I suppose it's easier for the RM who have gotten any sleep in the 2 weeks prior to their ride.

Her diet and dress code are only outward examples of her lack of character.  It's easy to pick on what you can see but the issue is her conduct and attitude.  She acts as though she's entitled and treats the rest of us with contempt.  She's super sweet when she wants something but can turn on you the next instant.  She comes by this naturally so I don't look for a change anytime soon.

"Chastain, Shannon L." <slchast@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Guess I am a bit confused here. This individual was not at the ride
where we had issues with the RM being yelled at. So Alyx is the person
that is accused of cutting trial and not the person being rude to
RM/Volunteers/Vets at Joe Tate? I also see nothing in this response on
the way Susan was treated when she canceled the Hillsdale ride. She only
seemed to address the Stud that was let to his own devices and the food
she eats, these were not the big issues in my mind. I am concerted with
our RM not being treated in a civil manner. IMHO AERC needs to find a
way to support the RM's or there will be no rides if there are no rides
there are no members.
Shannon

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan Young, The Princess of Pink
Your Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)