Re: [RC] [AERC_CT_Region] Rude Riders and Great Ride Managers!!!! - Kathleen A. Crothers

Hi, I didn't mean to open this can of worms with my post about rude riders.  Let's think of the positive.  While I don't condone rude riders or ignoring the rules it is entirely possible that experienced riders with superior well conditioned horses possilby running on gl loaders to do well and be able to make great times.  After all look at the winning times at the really tough rides like Tevis, Old Dominion, etc.  Jo Tate Memorial, while a tough ride for CT. region and a ride some use to condition for the Tevis, in no way compares to those rides in difficulty.   That is where someone who wants to prove their horse is superior should go if they are wanting recognition and that would make a much better statement  then riding so fast on our local rides just to prove they can.  I was always under the impression that you only rode hard enough to beat the horses behind you and not by hrs. so you would have a horse left to go o n to do many more miles.   After all winning a 100 with only two riders does not really prove you have a top dollar endurance horse.  Go for the rides where there are over 100 riders then you will gain my respect.  Or better yet show me you can keep a horse sound for 10 yrs and over 3000 miles then you could possibly gain the respect of most OCER members.  I also supported ride manager's decision not to disqualify the riders even though I would have won 2nd and bc if they had been disqualified on the 50 on Sun.  Again remember riders ride management cannot fairly take the word of someone not with management over the word of other riders entered in the ride or even spectators.   You need more solid proof to do that with the days of protest, etc.  Just don't encourage those riders to come back or talk to them about the rules.  There is enough controversy and bad feelings going on anyway.  It just wouldn't be fair in a case where the rider is not cutting trail, etc.  Some of us have been there as well.  Just lighten up and enjoy the trail.  Happy Trails, Kathy