[RC] Rude Riders and Great Ride Managers!!!! - Susan

One rider asked me if RM can't just bar known rude riders from their rides.  I don't know the "legal" ramifications but I certainly will!  There are 2 riders in my region who think they are all that and a bag of chips.  News Flash!  They are only spoiled brats!

It seems wise to document why these riders are banned from my ride.  I've got written accounts from eye witnesses on these 2 brats since November of 2006 (including my accounts).  I'm going to ask some RMs from another region from where one of these brats moved to document incidents as well.  These 2 have been talked to by RM at the rides where they cause trouble.  When it keeps happening, that proves they aren't listening.

Life is too short to do all this work, spend all this time and money and put so much of ones self into a ride just to have a complete jackass come and start yelling, "I'M GOING TO PROTEST!!!" every time something doesn't suit her.

And, while I'm on this rant, when spotters have reported to RM these brats have been off trail, DQ THEM!  When one of the brats HAZES the others horse about a mile to the finish line by following in a vehicle and HONKING THE HORN, DQ THEM!  What do we have to do to get some rules followed around here?  So what if the brats protest.  They broke the rules and the protest committee will back you up.

When it gets to the point RM's hands are tied because it's too much trouble to stand up to these bullies (from a director) or you can't ban them from your ride because other RM won't stand up for themselves, then it's time for me to stop putting on rides.

Susan Young, AERC # 5203
Ride Manager since 1988 -- Cougar Prowl, Cherokee Challenge, Indian Territory
Indian Territory (just took this ride over)
Oklahoma, CT Region